Who are we looking for?
Galapagos is looking for driven educators who believe in the ability of all children to succeed at the highest levels. Our staff works incredibly hard to deliver rigorous, individualized, data-driven and explicit instruction to our scholars. Our instructors spend a significant amount of time planning units, assessments, and lessons that align with the Common Core Standards and also meet the individual needs of each scholar in their class.
We are looking for people who value growth, not perfection– but are always striving to be the absolute best. Our staff is the key to our scholars’ success. We believe that there is nothing more influential to scholar performance than the quality of the classroom instructor and the support staff. We are looking for staff who are committed to learning and growing personally and professionally, as well as continually revising and improving our curriculum, assessments, and instruction as part of the Galapagos team.
• Drive to stay focused on scholar achievement and growth even when it is difficult
• Grit to be solution-focused and keep going until the desired results are achieved
• Growth mindset to see failures and setbacks as challenges to learn from and overcome
• Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player
• Bachelor’s degree is required (for teaching positions)
• Minimum of one year of teaching experience in an urban public or charter school (for instructors)
• Valid Illinois Certification is helpful but not required.
• Alignment with Galapagos’ core beliefs and educational philosophy is non-negotiable.
We encourage highly talented individuals to submit an application at any time. We accept applications on a rolling basis and will contact qualified candidates if your desired vacancy becomes available.
Please see our list of current vacancies below.
Do you know someone who would be a great fit at Galapagos? Refer someone here!
If you are interested in finding out more about Galapagos before submitting an application, follow this link to sign up to speak to a representative or schedule a visit. You can schedule:
- A phone call with a staff member to get your questions answered
- A school visit to tour the school and observe in classrooms
- A meet & greet with staff members
- An observation of our professional development sessions
How to Apply
All candidates must begin the application process by completing an application online. This process includes uploading a current resume and a targeted cover letter. Applications that are not complete will not be reviewed. All applications will be reviewed by Galapagos staff. Qualified candidates will be contacted when an appropriate position becomes available. Please click (below) on the position you are interested in to begin your application.
Pay- Galapagos Rockford Charter School does not follow a district pay scale. We do try to pay all of our staff at competitive levels, and we work to reward our most successful staff members.
Insurance- Galapagos Rockford provides a variety of insurance options through Blue Cross and Blue Shield. This includes health and dental plans as well as vision. Additionally, Galapagos provides all staff a $25,000 life insurance policy, a $400 mental health stipend and the opportunity to participate in a Flex Spending plan.
Pension and Retirement Plans- Galapagos Rockford enrolls all Illinois certified staff into the Illinois Teachers Retirement System (TRS) and makes contributions on their behalf. Staff who are not certified may qualify to participate in Galapagos Rockford’s Simple IRA Plan which includes a matching contribution.
Growth Mindset Stipend- Galapagos Rockford believes in and promotes a growth mindset in its scholars and staff. As such, staff members who have finished two years at Galapagos may qualify for a $3,500 stipend to be used towards continuing education. After the third year, a staff member may qualify for an additional $5,000 towards continuing education.